воскресенье, 19 октября 2008 г.

cost of merchandise sold




It was a knock like any other that stole my innocence from me.

I knew it was too late to stop, too late to go back when I cracked the door open. It was too late to throw on the breaks and stop the train. I tried anyway. I barely registered my horror by the time I got the door slammed shut. Tried to throw the dead bolt. It was too late. Some force from the other side of the heavy wooden door was already pushing it back open, a foot wedged itself inside the widening gap between door and frame, pushing farther into my life like the knife I felt stabbing in my lungs. I screwed my eyes shut and started counting. If i could just keep counting and keep the world out of my head then this wasnapos;t really happening. If I kept my eyes closed long enough then it wouldnapos;t be real. I felt the same terror that gripped me in the night when I was 6. The footsteps and the screen door banging were just like the sound of rattling pipes and wind that used to wake me in the night and leave me paralyzed with fears of ghosts and robbers and unnamed monsters. Iapos;d cling to my sheets and close my eyes and count. When I opened them again it would be alright. Iapos;d still be there and the world would be the same, monster-less and nothing would have happened. A voice was trying to break my hard fought concentration so I clamped my hands on my ears to shut it out. Rough hands jarred me, trying to break through the wall of denial I was erecting.

"This is happening. No matter what you do. No matter how hard you close the door or how long you pretend that Iapos;m not here, this will have happened to you."

The words began to sink in as I was nearing 543. This is life. This is the world forcing me to grow up in the worst way possible. Life isnapos;t like it was when you were five. Closing your eyes doesnapos;t make terrible things go away. Realizing that meant I could never go back again. The voice was right, this was happening and worst of all it was happening to me. I wasnapos;t going to change it or prevent it and knowing this was knowing I had lost all my childish illusions even the ones I didnapos;t know I had. You can assume that youapos;ve become an adult just by reaching a certain age but age is just a number, just like those numbers I was counting to delay accepting my new reality. The moment you lose your innocence you know. Growing up is accepting that all the counting wonapos;t freeze or turn back time. When you close your eyes the world doesnapos;t go anywhere, its not an ending, because there arenapos;t really any endings. The world keeps on existing.

It was like a switch had flipped, this knowing, this understanding. With one of the greatest sense of loss Iapos;ll ever know I opened my eyes. My innocence was gone, and I faced my disillusionment filled with the prospect of grief.

The first thing that registered was the lights on the police car. I remember feeling mildly surprised theyapos;d turn on the lights to notify the next of kin. He was dead, and no amount of police effort, or sirens, or shiny badges would change that.

diamonds cabaret flagstaff, cost of merchandise sold, cost of meridia, cost of mesotherapy, cost of metal.



Комментариев нет: